13 Websites Every Bride Should Know About
If you have a sparkly new ring on your finger this holiday season, you’ve come to the right place.
Last year we came out with our Best of the Web roundup of our favorite wedding websites, tools and resources (aside from Idojour, of course). This year, we’ve updated our list with the best of the best. So if you’re newly engaged, look no further because we’ve got some amazing resources for you, the busy bride – besides, of course, Idojour!
1. Because color scheme is everything: Theperfectpalette.com. We are obsessed with this site. It features every color combination possible complete with wedding inspiration, ideas and tips. It is a great starting point for any bride looking for ways to incorporate color into your wedding. Idojour Tip: Have a special request or plea for inspiration? Write in and you just might get a custom inspiration board!
2. The most comprehensive free resource on the web: WeddingWire.com. Wedding Wire has the best free planning tools out there plain and simple. From a budget planner, a fabulous, customizable wedding checklist, seating charts and vendor management to inspiration boards and your own virtual binder, WeddingWire doesn’t leave anything out. It’s sophisticated, easy to use, and very comprehensive. Did we mention it’s FREE? Idojour Tip: Download the free iPad app so you have the ability to plan from anywhere!
3. Keep things simple with Google: Google.com/weddings. With Google Weddings, everything links to your Google account which means one less site to have to log into. Use the Google docs templates for your budget, guest list and schedule, create your website with Google Sites, and edit photos and create announcements with Picnik. All are free and very easy to use, edit and share. Idojour Tip: Save your guest list in Google docs and easily access it for thank you cards, christmas cards and invitations for years to come.
4. Wow your guests with an amazing wedding website: WeddingWindow.com. If you want a robust, customizable and gorgeous wedding website, look no further than Wedding Window. It offers social networking plugins, visitor information, dozens of templates, and you can even add apps! It’s possible you will get overwhelmed it’s so comprehensive, but if you want a top tier website and are willing to pay for it, definitely go with WeddingWindow. Idojour Tip: There is a free version, but to take advantage of all the features, you’re looking at paying $79 for a 12 month package.
5. Go mobile – Create your very own wedding app: Appy Couple lets you compile all of your wedding information into one simple app. Chose from dozens of gorgeous designs! Idojour tip: There is a free coordinating website for guests who don’t have smart phones, so you don’t have to worry about excluding the non-connected!
6. Get personalized advice: WeddingLovely. A hot new wedding startup, WeddingLovely offers personalized, curated ideas, advice and resources for brides. Find and book wedding vendors, ask for help and get your own wedding website. Idojour tip: There’s a 14 day free trial, so it’s worth checking out. After that, it’s $9.95 per month or a $79 one time fee.
7. Create your own inspiration boards: Pinterest. You’ve probably been pinning for awhile now, but it would be a crime not to include Pinterest, the virtual pinboard that lets you organize and share the things you find and love on the web. Follow the professionals, your friends or anyone who you find inspiring. Create a board for any and every aspect of your wedding from bridesmaids to invitations to engagement shoot ideas. Idojour Tip: Create a group board and invite your bridesmaids and trusted family and friends to pin what they like. And do take a look at what we are loving at pinterest.com/idojour.
8. Plan your big day with a wedding visual search engine: Lover.ly. What’s better than a search engine that brings up gorgeous wedding related images? With a growing database of amazing images, it’s a perfect (potentially addicting) place to search, be inspired and share all things wedding. Idojour Tip: You can even shop directly from the search results – how easy is that!
9. Get DIY Inspiration: Brit.co. It’s the epitome of modern day creative living, where technology meets style meets DIY. There’s no shortage of living, decor, style and event-related inspiration here and we are big fans of the site and accompanying iPhone app. Idojour tip: They’re the folks behind their ultra popular wedding app, Weduary.
10. All brides deserve to sparkle on their wedding day: Adorn.com. Want to wear $10,000 diamond earrings on your big day? You can for just $160 with Adorn.com’s jewelry rentals. Renting one of their stunning custom designed earrings, bracelets or necklaces is easy – just choose the piece/s you want, select your date and look fabulous! Idojour Tip: All jewelry is insured and guaranteed, but you will have to put down a deposit.
11. Wear couture for less: RenttheRunway/weddings. Want a designer rehearsal dinner dress? A killer outfit for your bachelorette party? A new look for all the showers and parties that you have lined up? Rent The Runway Weddings has everything you (and your bridesmaids) need to look gorgeous in couture without paying a fortune. You can wear frocks from Herve Leger to Nicole Miller for your event, shipped to you in 2 sizes so you don’t have to worry about fit, and return it afterwards, hassle free. Idojour Tip: Sign up for free and take advantage of their stylists and consultants who are on hand to help you choose your perfect look!
12. Visual Inspiration: Style Me Pretty. Find inspiration by browsing through weddings of different styles and aesthetics. Every photo on StyleMePretty is stunning. IDJ tip: Check out Style Me Pretty regional for photos of real weddings in your state. We also love their inspiration board builder!
13. For anything handmade and unique. Etsy. If you haven’t already discovered the wonders of Etsy, you should check it out now. They have everything from apparel and accessories to decor and personal touches. Idojour tip: You can customize pretty much anything you want, just contact the vendor directly.
And don’t forget to check out our roundup of sites on how to personalize, customize and DIY your wedding!