Shopping for that special something for your bridesmaids is always tough. For one, you need to pick something that everyone will like. Second, you usually do this the last few months before your wedding, and the thought of splurging on more gifts just makes you nauseous. But etiquette calls, and a bridesmaid gift is a special way to say thank you to the ladies who will be by your side on your big day. We thought we’d give you ideas on meaningful and stylish gifts that won’t break the bank, and more importantly, that all your ‘maids will love.
Who doesn’t love a good shawl? Dessy has the cutest
accessories, but we especially love their Pashmina Shawls
for $30. They are one size fit all and they come in every color. Your girls can even wear them at your reception, or down the aisle if your church requires covered shoulders.
2. Jewelry. Classic earrings, colorful bangles, and statement necklaces always make a fun gift. Pick different pieces to match the personality of your ladies, or select one classic piece for everyone.
3. Makeup: A girl can never own too much makeup, right? And lip products are a relatively safe option as long as you stick to glosses, sheers, and neutral colors.
- Sephora Lip Gloss set: $20 (for a $60 value) A four piece high intensity lip gloss set in tangerine inspired shades.
- Sephora Korres Lip Goddess collection. $29 (for a $44 value) A limited-edition collection of full-size lip essentials in a range of beautiful finishes (two lip butters and a lipstick).
4. Nail Polish. Essie Wedding Collection Nail Polish Set
$17.00. The set includes a semi-sheer reflective pink, a freshly-minted cream green, a white rose with glistening stardust, and a creamy, dusty lilac. Or, make a cute assortment with your “wedding” colors, and for your maid of honor, package them with a giftcard to a spa.
5. Flip Flops or Espadrilles. Yes, you will need to do some sleuth work to find out shoe sizes, but who wouldn’t love a pair of these, especially for Spring/Summer weddings?
6. Clutch bags.
7. Hairpins. How about giving them hairpins they can wear on the wedding day?
8. Jeweled Straps.
Definitely a unique gift, and a beautiful accessory to adds sparkle to a strapless gown. Lulu of NY jeweled straps.