If you are in the process of wedding planning, then you will know that the number of wedding websites, tools and resources out there are overwhelming. After spending countless hours searching, researching and testing out dozens and dozens of sites, we’ve picked 12 amazing websites that all brides should check out. From budget trackers and custom wedding websites to jewelry rentals and virtual pinboards, these sites are sure to help any bride get creative, stay organized, and plan a beautiful wedding.
1. Because color scheme is everything: Theperfectpalette.com. We are obsessed with this site. It features every color combination possible complete with wedding inspiration, ideas and tips. It is a great starting point for any bride looking for ways to incorporate color into your wedding. Idojour Tip: Have a special request or plea for inspiration? Write in and you just might get a custom inspiration board!
2. The most comprehensive free resource on the web: WeddingWire.com. Wedding Wire has the best free planning tools out there plain and simple. From a budget planner, a fabulous, customizable wedding checklist, seating charts and vendor management to inspiration boards and your own virtual binder, WeddingWire doesn’t leave anything out. It’s sophisticated, easy to use, and very comprehensive. Did we mention it’s FREE? Idojour Tip: Download the free iPad app so you have the ability to plan from anywhere!
3. Keep things simple with Google: Google.com/weddings. With Google Weddings, everything links to your Google account which means one less site to have to log into. Use the Google docs templates for your budget, guest list and schedule, create your website with Google Sites, and edit photos and create announcements with Picnik. All are free and very easy to use, edit and share. Idojour Tip: Save your guest list in Google docs and easily access it for thank you cards, christmas cards and invitations for years to come.
4. Wow your guests with an amazing wedding website: WeddingWindow.com. If you want a robust, customizable and gorgeous wedding website, look no further than Wedding Window. It offers social networking plugins, visitor information, dozens of templates, and you can even add apps! It’s possible you will get overwhelmed it’s so comprehensive, but if you want a top tier website and are willing to pay for it, definitely go with WeddingWindow. Idojour Tip: There is a free version, but to take advantage of all the features, you’re looking at paying $79 for a 12 month package.
5. Create your own inspiration boards: Pinterest. It’s a virtual pinboard that lets you organize and share the things you find and love on the web. Follow the professionals, your friends or anyone who you find inspiring. Create a board for any and every aspect of your wedding from bridesmaids to invitations to engagement shoot ideas. It’s easy, fun and very addicting! Idojour Tip: Create a group board and invite your bridesmaids and trusted family and friends to pin what they like. And do take a look at what we are loving at pinterest.com/idojour.
6. Plan your big day with a wedding visual search engine: Lover.ly. What’s better than a search engine that brings up gorgeous wedding related images? With a growing database of amazing images, it’s a perfect (potentially addicting) place to search, be inspired and share all things wedding. Idojour Tip: Sign up today. You won’t regret it!
7. Buy designer gowns & accessories for less: TheAisleNewYork.com. Where else can you find Monique Lhuillier, Jenny Pakcham and Romona Keveza gowns at 50% or more off? We love browsing their site – their selection of gowns and accessories is simply gorgeous. Idojour Tip: Even at a discount, their products are still pricey, but check in frequently because you just might find an amazing deal!
8. All brides deserve to sparkle on their wedding day: Adorn.com. Want to wear $10,000 diamond earrings on your big day? You can for just $160 with Adorn.com’s jewelry rentals. Renting one of their stunning custom designed earrings, bracelets or necklaces is easy – just choose the piece/s you want, select your date and look fabulous! Idojour Tip: All jewelry is insured and guaranteed, but you will have to put down a deposit.
9. Wear couture for less: RenttheRunway/weddings. Want a designer rehearsal dinner dress? A killer outfit for your bachelorette party? A new look for all the showers and parties that you have lined up? Rent The Runway Weddings has everything you (and your bridesmaids) need to look gorgeous in couture without paying a fortune. You can wear frocks from Herve Leger to Nicole Miller for your event, shipped to you in 2 sizes so you don’t have to worry about fit, and return it afterwards, hassle free. Idojour Tip: Sign up for free and take advantage of their stylists and consultants who are on hand to help you choose your perfect look!
10. Give back, and get a little black dress: NewlyMaid. Have an old bridesmaid dress sitting in the back of your closet? Order a prepaid mailer, send in your dress, which, if accepted, will be recycled or donated to charity. In return, you will get a discount on NewlyMaid’s adorable collection of little black dresses. Idojour Tip: Bridesmaids dresses only – no bridal gowns, flower girl or quinceanera dresses. Mailers are $7.50 to cover the cost of shipping.
11. Let the runway inspire you: MarthaStewartWeddings.com. Who doesn’t love Martha? Martha Stewart Weddings is chalk full of ideas, inspiration and tools, but if you want the latest, most comprehensive looks from the runway, this is the place to go – all the designers, all looks, all seasons. Idojour Tip: Click on the Runway Report to search for dresses by trend, silhouette or designer.
12. Visual Inspiration. Style Me Pretty. Find inspiration by browsing through weddings of different styles and aesthetics. Every photo on StyleMePretty is stunning. IDJ tip: Check out Style Me Pretty regional for photos of real weddings in your state. We also love their inspiration board builder!